Tuesday, 13 October 2009

Greetings.


Hello to everyone,

My name is Dimitris and I come from Greece. Currently, I am studying Classics in UK (Durham) and I found the idea of creating a blog very interesting. It will allow me not only to share my ideas/opinions, but also it will serve as a direct link with other people around the world who want to participate in the discussion.

I will write both in Greek and English. The choice of the language will be depended on the mood and of course on the topic (international or an internal one).

The next rational question is, of course, the following: What is going to be discussed here? The answer is simple: Everything. Everything that stimulates me, and makes me to have the need to share. From politics to music and from History to football(of course!).

The title of the blog is inspired, as someone might has realized, by Herodotus. In the small introduction of his collection of books 'The Histories', Herodotus informs us about his goal: 'the purpose is to prevent the traces of human events from being erased by time, and to preserve the fame of the important and remarkable achievements produced by the Greeks and non-Greeks'.

Of course I don't have so important histories to narrate (Like the Persian Wars!), but I think that at least I have the same motivation with Heredotus th: the need to share facts, stories, beliefs and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment